The Cam Pass will have you exploring islands, snorkelling reefs and relaxing on golden beaches as you make your way from Cairns to Brisbane.
This pass is valid for travel AFTER 1 October 2019.
Want to start travel BEFORE 1 October 2019? Click here.
Freestyle Tour Inclusions:
You'll be travelling down the coast on a mix of our Stray buses, comfortable trains and ferry.
Local Tour Guide
Far more than just a guide - expect entertaining commentary, insight into local secrets and extra support from your tour guide.
12 nights dorm share accommodation including 1 overnight boat cruise and 1 night camping.
11 meals included.
(Any dietary requirements or allergies must be advised upon booking so they can be catered to where possible)
Top rated activities
Our Cam Freestyle Tour has heaps of awesome activity inclusions:
- Forts Walk and/or Radical Walking Tour at Magnetic Island
- 2 Day, 1 Night Whitsunday Sailing Tour
- Airlie Orientation Walk
- 1 Day Great Keppel Island Adventure
- 2 Day, 1 Night Fraser Island Tour
- Carlo Sand Blow Walk, Rainbow Beach
Not Included: Additional meals and activities to the ones included above. The cost of additional accommodation outside of the 12 nights is not included, but can easily be booked with your guide or on the Stray Mate app. $20 cash insurance to be paid to Fraser Island company + $10 for sleeping bag/linen hire on Fraser Island.
Is this trip right for you?
✓ Do you want to explore with a group of like-minded travellers?
✓ Do you want to take the pressure off, kick back relax and let someone else organise your transport?
✓ Do you want your accommodation, some activities and some meals pre-paid for?
✓ Do you want to start in Cairns and finish in Brisbane?
The Cam Freestyle Tour is a 'beaut' choice for you!
More inclusions combined with the same flexibility to hop off anywhere along our route!
Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more. 'Strademark' Places are the places you're less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you'll be talking about long after the adventure has ended.
- Emu Park - Snorkels at the ready... Emu Park is the gateway to the incredible Great Keppel Island, home to some of the most diverse marine wildlife on the East Coast.
- All the activities/accommodation listed are open-dated, please contact Stray’s reservations team ([email protected]) at least 48 hours prior to arrival to confirm your bookings. For Fraser Island and Whitsunday Sailing trip bookings, we recommend booking at least 7 days in advance to guarantee your spot.
- You can break your journey at any of the stops through any of the travel days and just connect with a later Stray bus or rail departure (guided or unguided). You can pre-book your own accommodation via our Stray Mate App or your guide will help book it for you.
- If travellers choose to hop-off and extend their stay in any location, all additional accommodation, meals and activities are at their own expense.
Get inspired and start planning your trip!
Travel smarter and safer - Stay covered on your adventures!
Short on cash but don't want to miss out?
Deposit option available. Hit BOOK YOUR TRAVEL below and select from the payment options at checkout. Find out more.
All transport including the Stray bus between Sydney and Rainbow Beach/
and Cairns, local transfers an
d return Magnetic Island ferry
20 meals, 1
nights’ accommodation including 1 overnight train
Guidance from local guide
ccess to Stray Mate a
Blue Mountains Day Trip
Wine tasting Hunter Valley
Barrington Tops National Park
Surf lesson, Spot X Surf Camp
Koala hospital visit, Port Macquarie
Kangaroo spotting, Emerald Beach
Canoeing experience, River Retreat
Angourie Blue Pools, Yamba
Byron Bay orientation drive
Danger Point Border Crossing walk
Carlo Sand Blow Walk, Rainbow Beach
3 Day / 2 Night Fraser Island
Treasure Island Adventure
at Emu Park
Airlie Orientation Walk
2 Day / 1 Night Sailing Adventure
Forts Walk at Magnetic Island
Tully Gorge National Park Rainforest
Cam Freestyle Tour: Cairns > Brisbane
- Tuesday (Minimum 12 days)
Click here to see the itinerary
- Sunday (Minimum 12 days)
Click here to see the itinerary
Tours begin with one night's accommodation in Cairns. Your first travel day will be the following day.
The itinerary below is for the current season. Given the nature of our trips and lack of control over weather, what we do each day may occasionally vary
Check into your centrally located hostel and get ready for your epic East Coast adventure. Please contact the Stray office to book in your Whitsundays sailing trip before you depart tomorrow.
We depart by train this morning, traveling south to Townsville. Arriving mid-afternoon, we take the ferry out to tropical Magnetic Island, our first overnight stop. Welcome to paradise! Nearly 50% of ‘Maggie Island’ is national park land, and it's chockfull of amazing beaches and abundant wildlife, so make sure you get out to a little exploring before catching the sunset.
Enjoy a full free day on Magnetic Island to explore at your leisure. You can choose to rent a vehicle and explore hard to reach areas like West End Beach, a great spot to watch the sun set. Alternatively, you can take a boat trip from the island to explore the reef and marine life below. For a free day in paradise, park up on a beach and spend your day swimming in the crystal waters.
Meet your guide this morning for the scenic Forts Complex Walk for incredible views of the island and the opportunity to see koalas in the wild; or spend your time exploring on your own, visiting the wildlife park or relaxing by the pool. In the afternoon, we’ll travel back to the mainland by ferry, and jump on the train to Proserpine, transferring to Airlie Beach in the evening.
Wake up early and head to the marina for the start of your 2-day, 1-night adventure through the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands. These picturesque islands are set in the Great Barrier Reef and are home to some of the world’s most pristine beaches. You’ll go on an epic sailing adventure, spending the night at sea. You’ll visit Whitehaven beach and sail around the reef with various stops to get out and swim/snorkel, seeing plenty of marine life along the way.
Wake up in paradise on the second day of your Whitsunday Sailing trip. Enjoy breakfast and coffee with the crew before embarking on another full day of sightseeing. After you’ve had your fill of pristine beaches and beautiful sea creatures, we’ll head back to shore mid-afternoon. We jump on the train to Rockhampton in the early evening. Our destination tonight is our Strademark stop of Emu Park. Emu Park is a cool little coastal town and the gateway to the Keppel Islands on the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef.
Please note: Some trips may have an extra night at Airlie Beach (own expense)
Today we are heading to a Stray highlight, the Treasure Island Adventure! The tropical paradise of Great Keppel Island is situated at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. We catch the ferry in the morning for a day of swimming, walking, snorkelling with turtles or kayaking (additional cost) and games on the perfect white sand beach. You’ll ferry back to the mainland in the late afternoon, stopping off for a walk to Bluff Point before returning to the resort.
We begin our day with an early morning bus to the train station. It’s a scenic train journey from here to Cooroy, where we hop on the Stray bus to Rainbow Beach. Rainbow Beach is a gateway to the world-famous Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island. Tomorrow we’ll embark on an awesome day trip of the island, so we recommend getting an early night tonight. Don’t miss the chance to walk to Carlo Sand Blow to catch a gorgeous sunset.
Wake up early for your Fraser Island adventure. You will head out on 4WD to drive along long stretches of sandy beaches, walk through stunning rainforest and swim in the fresh water Lake Mackenzie. You will witness famous shipwrecks, get some amazing photos and perhaps see a dingo or two! After a full day of exploring we head back to Rainbow Beach for the night.
Please Note: Some trips may have an extra night or two in Rainbow Beach.
We hop back on the Stray bus this morning, heading to the relaxed resort town of Noosa. You can hop off here or join us as we continue down the coast. We drop you off in Brisbane CBD for the end of your Stray experience, with your final night’s accommodation included in Brisbane.
Cam Freestyle Tour: Cairns > Brisbane
Need to Know
Some key details...
- Transport - Travel by bus, train and even ferry for those heading to Magnetic Island! All included in the price of your pass and organised by Stray.
- Guides - Your Stray guide is your go-to for entertaining commentary, interesting facts, crazy stories and travel advice.
- Validity - This Freestyle Tour is valid for 12 months from your first day of travel.
- Hopping on/off - Hop on and off as much as you like along the travel route. To hop back on, simply book your next travel date and pickup location through our Stray Mate app
- Minimum Days - You don't need to hop off on our Freestyle Tours - you can travel your pass in the "Minimum Days".
- Departures - Buses/trains run to a seasonal timetable with multiple departures per week.
- Booking Buses - Use the Stray Mate app to manage your trip - you'll receive log in details in your Booking Confirmation email. If you're on a short timeframe, we recommend booking all your buses in advance.
- Accommodation & Activities - Your first nights' accommodation at at each spot (2 nights in certain locations), some meals, a bunch of our favourite activities as well as all our unique Strademark places are all included in the price. You’ll still have the option to extend your stay in the places you enjoy most and can book additional activities and accommodation via the Stray Mate app.
- Stray Travellers - Our travellers are from all over the world, are energetic, adventurous and mainly aged between 20-35. 75% of our travellers are travelling solo.