Our Trev Freestyle Tour (15+ days) is our southbound specialist, taking you from Cairns to Sydney on an action packed trip. You’ll see some unforgettable sights, and tick off all the bucket list destinations.
SALE NOW ON
Save $150 when you buy the Trev Tour this month.
Offer ends 2 December 2019.
You'll be travelling down the coast on a mix of our Stray buses, comfortable trains and ferry.
Local Tour Guide
More than just a guide - expect entertaining commentary, extra support and local secrets.
Stray Mate App
View your itinerary and book your transport, accommodation and activities on-the-go.
15 nights included - 13 nights' shared (4-10 bed) dorm accommodation including 1 overnight boat cruise and 1 night camping.
12 meals included - 2 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners. (Any dietary requirements or allergies must be advised upon booking so they can be catered to where possible)
Top rated activities
- Forts Walk and/or Radical Walking Tour at Magnetic Island
- 2 Day, 1 Night Whitsunday Sailing Tour
- Airlie Orientation Walk
- 1 Day Great Keppel Island Adventure
- 2 Day, 1 Night Fraser Island Tour
- Carlo Sand Blow Walk, Rainbow Beach
- Byron Bay orientation drive
- Nimbin Day Trip
- All National Park Fees
Choose your start date
Depending on which start date you choose, your accommodation inclusions will vary.
Let us know your preference in the checkout.
- If you start on Tuesday you'll get... More time in Airlie Beach
- If you start on Sunday you'll get... More time in Rainbow Beach
Not Included: Additional meals and activities to the ones included above. The cost of additional accommodation outside of the 15 nights is not included, but can easily be booked with your guide or on the Stray Mate app. $20 cash insurance to be paid to Fraser Island company + $10 for sleeping bag/linen hire on Fraser Island.
Is this trip right for you?
✓ Do you want to explore with a group of like-minded travellers?
✓ Do you want to take the pressure off, kick back relax and let someone else organise your transport?
✓ Do you want accommodation, activities and meals included?
✓ Do you want to start in Cairns and finish in Sydney?
The Trev Freestyle Tour is a 'beaut' choice for you!
More inclusions combined with the same flexibility to hop off anywhere along our route!
UNIQUE STRADEMARK PLACES
- Emu Park - Snorkels at the ready... Emu Park is the gateway to the incredible Great Keppel Island, home to some of the most diverse marine wildlife on the East Coast.
- You have the opportunity to hop off at Spot X - Shaka brah! There really is no better place to learn to surf and catch some waves along the East Coast.
- All the activities listed are open-dated, please contact Stray’s reservations team ([email protected]) at least 48 hours prior to arrival to confirm your bookings. For Fraser Island and Whitsunday Sailing trip bookings, we recommend booking at least 7 days in advance to guarantee your spot.
- Different start days have different accommodation inclusions. Hopping on and off the bus may alter your itinerary slightly (refer to Itinerary Tab) - please keep in touch with us ([email protected]) and we'll book your included nights accommodation for you as you go.
- You can break your journey at any of the stops through any of the travel days and just connect with a later Stray bus or rail departure (guided or unguided). You can pre-book extra nights accommodation via our Stray Mate App or your guide will help book it for you.
- If travellers choose to hop-off and extend their stay in any location, all additional accommodation, meals and activities are at their own expense.
Get inspired and start planning your trip!
Travel smarter and safer - Stay covered on your adventures!
Want to finish in Melbourne? Add on this sector for just $80!
Click 'Select Upgrade' when you purchase this pass.
Short on cash but don't want to miss out?
Deposit option available. Hit BOOK YOUR TRAVEL below and select from the payment options at checkout. Find out more
All transport including the Stray bus between Sydney and Rainbow Beach/
and Cairns, local transfers an
d return Magnetic Island ferry
20 meals, 1
nights’ accommodation including 1 overnight train
Guidance from local guide
ccess to Stray Mate a
Blue Mountains Day Trip
Wine tasting Hunter Valley
Barrington Tops National Park
Surf lesson, Spot X Surf Camp
Koala hospital visit, Port Macquarie
Kangaroo spotting, Emerald Beach
Canoeing experience, River Retreat
Angourie Blue Pools, Yamba
Byron Bay orientation drive
Danger Point Border Crossing walk
Carlo Sand Blow Walk, Rainbow Beach
3 Day / 2 Night Fraser Island
Treasure Island Adventure
at Emu Park
Airlie Orientation Walk
2 Day / 1 Night Sailing Adventure
Forts Walk at Magnetic Island
Tully Gorge National Park Rainforest
Cairns > Sydney: Trev Freestyle Tour
The number of nights in each destination varies slightly depending on the departure you choose to align to the train timetable. Click here to see the full Trev Freestyle Tour Timetable.
Since keeping it flexible is what we do best, no matter which departure you choose, and how many times you hop on and off, you'll be covered for 15 nights' accommodation in total for the nights you're on the tour - just keep in touch with us ([email protected]) and we'll book your included nights for you as you go.
Cairns > Sydney: Trev Freestyle Tour
Need to Know
Some key details...
- Transport - Travel by bus, train and even ferry for those heading to Magnetic Island! All included in the price of your pass and organised by Stray.
- Guides - Your Stray guide is your go-to for entertaining commentary, interesting facts, crazy stories and travel advice. Between Sydney and Rainbow Beach, your Guide is also your Bus Driver. Between Rainbow Beach and Cairns, where we travel on the fast, comfortable trains, you'll have In-Location Guides who will meet you at the station and show you around.
- Validity - This Freestyle Tour is valid for 12 months from your first day of travel.
- Hopping on/off - Hop on and off as much as you like along the travel route. To hop back on, simply book your next travel date and pickup location through our Stray Mate app.
- Minimum Days - You don't need to hop off on our Freestyle Tours - you can travel your pass in the "Minimum Days".
- Departures - Buses/trains run to a seasonal timetable with multiple departures per week.
- Booking Buses - Use the Stray Mate app to manage your trip - you'll receive log in details in your Booking Confirmation email. If you're on a short timeframe, we recommend booking all your buses in advance.
- Accommodation & Activities - Your first nights' accommodation for each night of the itinerary is included, some meals, a bunch of our favourite activities as well as all our unique Strademark places are all included in the price. You’ll still have the option to extend your stay in the places you enjoy most and can book additional activities and accommodation via the Stray Mate app.
- Stray Travellers - Our travellers are from all over the world, are energetic, adventurous and mainly aged between 20-35. 70% of our travellers are travelling solo.