Noosa is a popular holiday spot for a good reason. Beautiful, sheltered beaches surrounded by a totally unique national park, huge goannas, inland water ways, local market days all bathed in sunshine is what Noosa is all about. The Noosa Everglades are one of only two everglades in the world - rent a canoe or take a tour through the waterways to spot wildlife. Noosa is also a popular launching pad for Fraser Island trips, a backpacker favourite experience. Noosa has become a popular retirement resort town which means it can be expensive but for the budget backpacker, a few days hanging out on the beach is wonderfully free.
Vibe: A fancier, more expensive, older Byron Bay
Known as: The place to spot koalas, check out the shops and cafes
Must Do: Explore the fairy pools
NEED TO KNOWS
Sleep in dorm or double room at your choice of hostel
Relax on beautiful beaches
Head to Fraser Island and check out the Everglades
STRAY PASSES THAT GO HERE
- Mick Sydney to Cairns Pass | Mick Sydney to Cairns Freestyle Tour
- Trev Cairns to Sydney Pass | Trev Cairns to Sydney Freestyle Tour
- Kat Byron Bay to Cairns Pass | Kat Byron Bay to Cairns Freestyle Tour
- Stu Brisbane to Cairns Pass | Stu Brisbane to Cairns Freestyle Tour
- Cam Cairns to Brisbane Pass | Cam Cairns to Brisbane Freestyle Tour
Take a day trip to the famous Fraser Island.
Drive a 4WD around the beautiful Fraser Island visitng Maheno Shopwreck, Lake Mackenzie and many more.
Explore the beautiful Noosa Everglades by canoe.