Known as the gateway to the beautiful Whitsunday Islands, Airlie Beach is a great place to hop off for a few days to relax.
If you have time we recommend doing a 2-3 day sailing trip to the Whitsundays, otherwise have a swim in the local lagoon, chill out in cafes, or head out on the town to experience the famous Airlie Beach nightlife.
If you are short on time but still want to experience the Whitsunday Islands, book a one day trip to catch some of the highlights.
Population: 10,000 people
Known as: The spot to explore the Whitsundays
Must Do: Sail the Whitsundays and check out Whitehaven Beach
NEED TO KNOWS
Sleep in dorm or double room at a hostel of your choice
Go on a sailing or ocean rafting trip among the amazing islands (additional cost)
Swim in the lagoon
STRAY PASSES THAT GO HERE
- Mick Sydney to Cairns Pass | Mick Sydney to Cairns Freestyle Tour
- Trev Cairns to Sydney Pass | Trev Cairns to Sydney Freestyle Tour
- Kat Byron Bay to Cairns Pass | Kat Byron Bay to Cairns Freestyle Tour
- Stu Brisbane to Cairns Pass | Stu Brisbane to Cairns Freestyle Tour
- Cam Cairns to Brisbane Pass | Cam Cairns to Brisbane Freestyle Tour